Smallcase app is a financial services application built by Bengaluru-based company Smallcase Technologies Pvt Ltd. It’s the application that allows investors to invest in baskets of stocks that are based on a particular theme. This platform does not carry or hold the stocks for the investors; it just offers a portfolio.
And investors get the bucket of stocks in their Demat account. Because of this reason, they can get dividend income direct to their bank account without any deduction or extra charges. Smallcase app has partnered with broker partners like HDFC Securities, 5paisa, Zerodha, and Edelweiss. So, read this Smallcase app review article and get more information about its functioning, pros, cons, and other details.
What is Smallcase App?
Smallcase is a portfolio-building application built by a Bengaluru-based company Smallcase Technologies Pvt Ltd. This company allows investors to invest in buckets of stocks at a low cost. Its simplified portfolios are effective and efficient in giving better results to the investors.
Industry-leading experts create this portfolio, and applications are supported by leading stock broker applications like Zerodha. This company has an in-house research team that uses advanced algorithms and research reports to offer enhanced portfolio options to its users. Hence, investors using this application can have a high chance of higher returns.
How Does It Work?
The working process of the Smallcase app is quite straightforward and transparent. You invest in the smallcase using its given partners. You choose lumpsum investment or SIP, where the Smallcase app only provides you with various portfolio options.
And you directly invest in these investment options using broker partners like Zerodha. All these investments can be seen in your Demat account. And here, you can also track the performance, dividend, and portfolio with other insights.
Smallcase applications carry many exciting features to give an innovative investing experience. Here are some important features of the Smallcase app that every investor must know.
- App gives options to choose from multiple investment strategies belonging to different sectors based on different factors.
- Smallcase app has180+ Smallcase managers, including Windmill Capital, that ensure trusted strategies.
- You can add or remove the particular stocks from the given option before investing.
- Users can create their smallcase and share them with their friends and family.
- You can track investment performance and make different decisions.
Smallcase apps provide a well-managed platform with innovative investment options so that investors can enjoy an effective rate of return on their investment. Below are some prominent advantages of using this portfolio management application.
- The ownership of stock investment remains to an investor, and it’s very different from having a mutual fund.
- Due to new tax rules, investors can get up to Rs 10,00,000 in tax-free dividends.
- Smallcase apps use their technology and algorithms with the latest research reports to update and build their portfolio options. Therefore, investors are not required to conduct any research work from their side.
- The rebalancing feature is one of this application’s attractive features that help investors make a hassle-free investment in the stock market.
Smallcase app also has some cons for the investors; look below for the same. It will help you decide whether it’s an ideal platform to use for hassle-free investment or not.
- The user has to pay tax and brokerage at the time of rebalancing of investment options. In contrast, you do not pay any tax or brokerage fee in mutual funds when the fund manager executes the same activity.
- The given chart only presents you with the performance of the selected portfolio or stocks. The portfolio includes the gross value as here; you do not see any tax expenses and brokerage fees.
- If you think you can make passive income by investing with Smallcase, you should try other applications. You will have to keep your eyes on regular notifications and updates.
Smallcase App Portfolio Review
This application presents more than 50 different combinations of themes and portfolios. Below are some major portfolio options you can consider while investing your money.
1. Top 100 Stocks
In this option, you can see the collection of top 100 companies by their market capitalization. These Smallcases include large-cap companies, and it uses ICICI Prudential Nifty ETF.
2. Electric Mobility
If you are also inspired by electric vehicles and want to invest in the same. It can be an ideal category to focus on and choose the ideal basket to invest in.
3. Affordable Housing
This Smallcase is made by adding the companies that can benefit from PMAY and general schemes for affordable housing. It is the ideal smallcase investment option for real estate investors.
4. Transporting India
The transportation sector is expected to grow at scale because of eCommerce and GST. Hence, the Smallcase app has also provided the theme so investors can consider it.
5. Growth at a Fair Price
The theme contains the basket of companies getting increasing RoC and positive growth. These stocks are justifiable and can provide a decent return in a decent time.
Smallcase App Charges
Smallcase app does not charge any fee from its users; its broker partners charge the brokerage and other charges from the users. Its partners like Zerodha charge Rs 100 for the first transaction fee in a Smallcase portfolio. The fee is applicable whenever you choose a different theme for the first time. Its broker partners like Zerodha also offer subscription fees for certain functions that start from Rs 118 monthly to Rs 1133 yearly subscription plan.
This application does not charge for account opening; however, charges can be implemented by its brokers. Brokerage charges may be implied by Zerodha, HDFC Securities, and other listed brokers by Smallcase. The listed brokers also charge transaction and government charges.
Is Smallcase App Safe?
The smallcase app looks legit as it has 4.8-star ratings on the App Store and is partnered with leading broker partners like Zerodha and HDFC Securities. It has an advanced algorithm-based platform that offers simplified investment options to its users.
Also, the expert fund managers create a group of investment options to make the investment decision less risky. This company looks legit and can be safe for investors based on available information.
Is it Worth Investing in Smallcase?
The smallcase app can be ideal for investors who want to invest their money in a particular sector. And they want to get a high rate of return in the short term or earn a high dividend income. This application might not be suitable for investors willing to make passive income.
Smallcase app is ideal for investors who do not want to put their time into researching and finding the best stocks or SIP for investment. It takes the help of its expert fund managers to create a bucket for its users and offer it in simplified form.
In this Smallcase app review, we discussed this application and its other elements. We hope now you have some crucial information about this platform and can decide whether you should use it or not.