Geojit is one of the popular stock brokers in India and has a strong market presence in Gulf countries. The name of this stock trading service provider has changed many times. This brokerage firm was founded in 1987 to offer financial services to its customers.
The company started working with the brand name Geojit Securities Ltd. It later changed to Geojit Financial Services Ltd and Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Securities Ltd. It allows its customers to trade in cash equity and derivatives.
Also, it offers portfolio management services along with various financial services. With this stock brokerage firm, you can trade in both NSE and BSE stock markets. Moreover, it’s a listed company on NSE and BSE, making it one of the most reliable stock brokers in India.
Geojit Stock Trading Charges
It charges nominal charges for its financial and trading services. You get various brokerage plans to select and avail of its trading and investing facilities. Below we have given a detailed overview of its brokerage charges.
Geojit Account Opening Cost
- It does not charge any fee for trading account opening and its annual maintenance.
- It charges Rs 100 for opening a Demat account and Rs 400 yearly for Demat account maintenance.
Geojit Brokerage Charges
You can take and trade two brokerage plans through its trading platforms. Know about its brokerage plans and their charges.
- Its online trading plan charges a 0.30% brokerage on equity delivery.
- It has a 0.03% charge on equity intraday and 0.01% in equity futures.
- The platform charges Rs 50 per lot for equity options.
- There is a 0.30% fee on equity delivery if you take its GTrade Max plan.
- It charges Rs 20 per order or 0.03%, whichever is lower, for equity intraday.
- The platform has Rs 40 per lot brokerage fee on equity futures.
- It has Rs 20 per lot brokerage charge on equity options.
Geojit Stock Trading Platforms
This stock broker has provided its customers with many stock trading and investment platforms, such as those mentioned below.
It is the primary app that you can use for trading purposes. This mobile application is developed with advanced technology to help traders to trade in equity, derivatives, currencies, and commodities. It also allows you to invest your money in mutual funds through a user-friendly interface and secure transaction features. The app hosts advanced features like real-time charting, quick orders, and a customizable watchlist. It also has a section to access research recommendations and many other resources. You can use this trading app in your Android or iOS mobile app.
It’s an official web-based trading platform launched by Geojit for its customers to participate in trading activities using web browsers like Chrome and Firefox. It has many trading options, including equity, futures, and currencies.
This stock trading terminal easily gets installed in your computer system to help you with advanced charting and features to quickly complete orders. It is available for desktop users and can help them conduct high-volume or frequency trades. If you are an experienced trader and want to make critical decisions, this trading terminal can be beneficial.
This mobile application is developed to help Geojit customers to invest in mutual fund schemes. This mobile-based investing platform has thousands of mutual fund schemes that can bring substantial returns. It also provides a paperless investing facility that makes the investing process quick and efficient. You can also use this app to get free mutual fund recommendations to make more money with your investments.
How to Open Demat Account in Geojit?
Opening a Demat account with Geojit is simple and similar to other brokers. See the steps below on how to open your Demat account with this stock broker in India.
- Visit the official website of Geojit and click on the “Open Account” button.
- Complete registration by adding your phone number and OTP.
- Complete the sign-up process and add other details like Email to proceed with the next steps.
- Add PAN, DOB, and other details asked in the given form.
- Choose ideal trading and investing products and then link your bank details.
- Now complete in-person verification and e-sign to complete the KYC form.
Once you fill in all the details correctly and submit the form, your account with Demat will get opened.
Advantages of Geojit
You can get many advantages if you consider this stock trading platform for investment purposes. We have mentioned the major benefits of Geojit trading services.
- It provides free research and recommendations to registered users.
- The account opening is free for all new users.
- It can offer up to 4-time margin exposure through its MTF.
- The app has about 470 branches across India to help customers.
- This stock broker has also opened its offices in UAE, Oman, and other Gulf countries to help NRI investors.
- It charges Rs 20 per intraday trade in the GTrade Max plan.
- Its online trading platforms are great for investors to access its financial services.
Disadvantages of Geojit
There are some disadvantages of Geojit stock trading services, which we have mentioned below. Look at them as well before giving a try to this stock trading platform.
- Its brokerage charges are high compared to other full-service stock brokerage firms in India.
- It has a minimum brokerage of Rs 20 or 1 paise per stock on the trades.
- Its FundsGenie mutual fund investment mobile app is unavailable for iOS mobile users.
- The platform does not offer any dedicated Geojit mobile app for iOS users.
- It offers exposure only on equity intraday trades.
Geojit is one of the oldest stock brokers in India and is publically listed in the stock market. It provides various trading and investing facilities by charging lower fees than other stock brokers in India. Moreover, it is known for its exceptional customer support, research reports, and advanced trading tools. Thus, if you are finding an ideal stock broker with a regular brokerage fee and reliable services, Geojit can be the ideal stock broker to choose from.