Axis Direct is the brand name of Axis Securities Ltd, a subsidiary company of Axis Bank Ltd. This full-service brokerage firm was founded by its parent company in 2005 to provide financial, investing, and other mentioned services to its retail users. This stock broker currently has more than 4.2 lakhs customer base and has secured its name among the top 10 stock brokerage firms in India.
It provides its customers with the facility to invest in equity, IPOs, mutual funds, bonds, ETFs, and fixed deposits. Along with this, Axis Securities Ltd also provides home loans, personal loans, loans against equity, and many other loan services to its customers.
If you select this stock broker and open your account with it, you will get a 3-in-1 account facility that consists of trading, Demat, and a bank account, meaning you will witness a smooth trading experience and will be able to quickly participate in trade, add and withdraw funds.
Here we have reviewed Axis Direct stock broker to help you understand if it would be a great stock broker to select and start trading in the stock market.
Axis Direct Charges
Below we have discussed the main brokerage and service charges you would require to pay if you use Axis Direct for stock trading and investing.
Axis Direct Account Opening & Maintenance Charges
- This full-service broker in India charges Rs 999 as an account opening service and offers a 3-in-1 account facility.
- There are no Demat account opening charges.
- You are not required to pay any Demat account maintenance charges.
- It charges Rs 650 yearly for Demat account maintenance from the second year of account opening.
Axis Direct Brokerage Charges
- It charges 0.50% for each leg on equity delivery trades.
- It levies 0.05% for a heavy leg on equity intraday, equity futures, and currency futures.
- The platform charges Rs 0.01 per lot for equity and currency options and Rs 10 per lot if it’s carried forward.
- It charges 0.03% per leg on commodity futures trading activities.
- You are required to pay Rs 50 per lot on commodity options.
Axis Direct Hidden Brokerage Charges
- This platform has a minimum brokerage charge of Rs 20 per trade.
- It charges Rs 20 per call on its call and trade service.
- The platform charges brokerage plan modification charges of Rs 500 quarterly.
- It charges Rs 9 per transfer if you don’t have an Axis bank account.
Axis Direct Stock Trading Platforms
Axis Bank also offers many stock trading and investing platforms for its customers. Below we have shared major stock trading platforms and applications provided by Axis Securities Ltd.
AxisDirect Trade is a downloadable tool provided by Axis Securities to help its customers access most of its trading and investing services from their desktop computers or laptops. You can download and install this application from their website and complete the login process to participate in trading activities. This application can help you set alerts based on price targets and utilize fresh market insights and educational videos. DirectTrade is faster than its website-based platform SwiftTrade.
It’s a browser-based stock trading platform and does not require any installation process to use its available features and products. You can open this platform in the browser, log in, and access the available features. It has many features that you can use, like multiple market watches, research materials and tips, webinars, educational videos, and real-time market insights. Moreover, it also supports shortcut keys to quickly place your trading orders.
Mobile Trading App
Axis Direct has also launched its mobile application which is easily downloadable from App Store and Play Store. This app can only help you trade in equities and derivatives using your smartphone. You don’t need to access its trading terminal or website to invest in available securities.
This trading platform is developed by Axis Securities Ltd for those customers who often face slow internet problems. Since the stock trading platform needs to be responsive and quick, AxisDirect Lite is designed so that it loads quickly and performs trades safely, even if the internet connection is slow.
It’s one of the advanced platforms that helps those investors willing to find the best stocks to invest in their market. RING has the potential to discover highly profitable stocks within a few seconds of a click. This platform has advanced algorithms that filter out more than 25000 stocks listed in NSE and BSE to help you find better stocks.
How to Open a Demat Account with Axis Direct?
If you want to open your Demat account with Axis Direct, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit its official Axis Direct website and click the sign-up button.
- Complete the registration process by entering mobile and email details.
- Add name, address, city, and other relevant details to complete the KYC process.
- You might also be contacted by a representative of Axis Direct brokerage firm.
- They may schedule an appointment to proceed with further steps to open your Demat account.
- Once the form is submitted offline/online, your Demat account Axis Direct will open your Demat account.
Advantages of Axis Direct
Let’s discuss some major benefits of using the Axis Direct stock trading facility.
- It provides a 3-in-1 account to its customers, which confirms a seamless trading experience.
- Along with investing and trading, it provides finance and loan facilities like home and auto loans.
- You can invest in IPOs, ETFs, mutual funds, currency derivatives, and other securities.
- It gives you access to its research materials free of cost.
- You can get familiar with stock market trading terminologies and learn various trading strategies by watching its educational videos, attending webinars, and utilizing other educational materials.
Disadvantages of Axis Direct
There are some disadvantages of using Axis Direct for stock trading purposes, such as mentioned below.
- The brokerage charges are quite higher compared to many discount brokerages like Zerodha.
- It offers limited margin exposure to its customers.
- There is not any trading facility for the commodity segment.
- You will have to pay to use its trading terminal, but mobile and web apps are free for all users.
Axis Direct is one of India’s leading full-service stock brokers and has more than 4 lakh customers across India. This full-service stockbroker is ideal for investors who are comfortable paying reasonable brokerage charges and want to access high-quality, reliable, research-based resources to make effective trading decisions.