Zerodha is one of the leading stock brokers in India. It has the largest user base and is popular for offering reliable brokerage services to beginners to expert traders willing to trade or invest in the stock market. This stock broker allows investors to invest in equities, bonds, mutual funds, and IPOs. It also charges zero brokerage commission on the delivery of equity and direct mutual fund investment.
However, with the presence of various stock brokers in India, you might be willing to know if it’s a good stock brokerage app to use for trading. To answer your question, we have posted this Zerodha review article explaining its features, pros, cons, charges, and many other things.
How Much Does Zerodha Charge?
You might be wondering about the charges put by Zerodha on its stock trading services. Below is a summarized form of information about the Zerodha charges levied on the users.
Account Opening Charges
Zerodha charges Rs 200 for opening trading and a Demat account. Although, this stock trading platform may charge you Rs 400 if you apply in offline mode. It charges Rs 300 per year for a Demat account AMC and no fees for trading AMC.
This stock broker charges the flat Rs 20 or 0.03%, whichever the lower, per executed trade by the user. Although, it does not put any charges or fees on the delivery of equity. It also does not charge any fee on mutual fund investments.
As we mentioned earlier, it does not charge on equity delivery trades. But you must pay Rs 20 per trade or 0.03%, whichever is lower, for intraday trading activity.
On Zerodha, you pay Rs 20 or 0.03%, whichever is lower, per executed trade on F&O. Additionally, there can be other charges and taxes like STT, transaction fee, SEBI charges, and GST.
If you trade in currency, you will be required to pay Rs 20 or 0.03%, whichever is lower, on each trade you execute. In addition, there are some other charges like STT and SEBI applicable.
The Zerodha charges are the same on commodities trading as currency trades. You are required to pay Rs 20 or 0.03% on each executed trade by yourself, along with additional charges and taxes that may be applicable.
What are the Zerodha Trading Platforms?
Zerodha offers dedicated trading platforms to its users to give an approachable trading experience. Below are some most common trading platforms provided by this leading discount broker in India.
Kite 3.0 is a robust web-based trading platform developed by Zerodha’s in-house expert team to give trades lightning fast and reliable trading experience. It’s available in 11 regional languages, supports smart investment apps, and offers a one-click withdrawal and fund transfer facility.
Kite is available for Android and iOS mobile users to help them make their trading processes seamless. This mobile trading application allows users to trade from their mobile without any technical problems. It has features like live market information, easy money transfer, and the option to search for stocks.
Sentinel is another promising tool developed by Zerodha to help its users with price notifications. Using this tool, you can set up price alerts for securities like stocks, futures, and options. It contains different tools and features, allowing users to set alerts based on various factors.
This is Zerodha’s back office platform and works as a trade and reporting dashboard where Zerodha’s registered users can view and monitor all stocks and other securities using this platform. The traders and investors in the stock market can also see the various stock market reports, get account statements, and download contract notes. There are many analytical tools as well that customers of Zerodha can use.
This platform is specifically designed for mutual fund investors to invest in various mutual fund schemes in a seamless manner. It is also developed by an in-house team of Zerodha. It offers various features like zero commission, automatic transfer of mutual funds into the Zerodha app, and NAV funds tracking function.
This free-to-use platform was developed by Zerodha to help aspiring traders and investors get familiar with stock market terms and various concepts. It has great resources to gauge and enhance your trading knowledge.
Call & Trade
This facility allows traders to trade in the stock market without requiring it to be online. However, the platform charges Rs 50 additional amount per trader to provide this facility.
How to Open a Demat Account with Zerodha?
Opening a Demat account with Zerodha is very straightforward and less time-consuming. Follow the below-mentioned steps if you also want to open your Demat account with Zerodha.
- First, visit the official website of Zerodha, which is Zerodha.com
- Now, hit the signup button, available in the upper right-left corner.
- It will ask you to enter your mobile number and verify with an OTP.
- After this step, you need to enter details about your PAN, bank account, and other details asked in the online form.
- When you are done with adding these details, upload your signature image.
- Verify and cross-check the entered details, and then click on submit.
Advantages of Zerodha
- This discount broker has the largest volume of traders trading and investing their money in the Indian stock market.
- The charges levied by this stock broker are comparatively lower and do not put any charges on equity delivery.
- When opening a trading account with Zerodha, the user is not required to maintain the minimum fund limit.
- It also does not charge any deposit fee from the users. Instead, users can deposit funds through UPI apps.
- It does not charge any fees for the withdrawal, and the entire process is hassle-free.
- The registered users keep getting timely notifications and news about the financial market, including banks, stocks, and mutual funds.
Disadvantages of Zerodha
- The NRIs, companies, and HUFs must open their account on Zerodha through an offline process.
- There may be some delays from customer support in listening to your issue and software glitches during trading.
- This app has different platforms for each type of security, such as Kite for shares, Coin for mutual funds, and Golden Pi for bonds.
- Zerodha has fewer offline branches than other stock brokers available in India, making the offline processes time-consuming.
Is Zerodha Trustworthy?
Zerodha is a reliable stock brokerage service provider in India because it has the least percentage of complaints to active users, and it’s a zero-debt company. Additionally, this trading service provider does not keep the users’ securities in pooled accounts and does not facilitate any proprietary trading with users’ deposited funds.
Zerodha is a well-known discount broker in India and offers its brokerage service at a very low price. It has a robust web-based mobile application offering a secure, fast, and reliable trading facility to investors and traders in the stock market. If you also want to invest in the stock market and are looking for a reliable discount broker that charges a low commission and other charges, opting for Zerodha can be great.