Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd is one of India’s most reliable and oldest full-service stock brokers. The company was established in 1987 to provide seamless investment and trading facilities in stocks, equity derivatives, IPOs, insurance, and many investment options. Motilal Oswal is among the top 10 stock brokers in India and is highly known for its research material and portfolio management services.
At Motilal Oswal, traders can quickly open their trading and Demat account with a 100% online process and trade in multiple asset classes without any issue. The platform is suitable for retail traders, high-worth investors, foreign institutional investors, and high-value corporate clients. This full-service stock broker provides you with many powerful stock trading platforms and applications to ensure an effective trading experience. MO Trader and desktop trading terminal are prominent platforms traders use for various trading activities.
In this article, we have shared the Motilal Oswal review and have discussed many things, including the advantages and disadvantages of the Motilal Oswal stock trading platform and its brokerage charges.
Motilal Oswal Brokerage Charges
Motilal Oswal has different brokerage charges for different trading activities. However, it charges 0.20% for equity delivery and 0.02 on intraday and equity futures. On the other hand, there is Rs 20 per lot brokerage charge on equity and currency options. Below we have provided more details about its brokerage charges for the traders who use this stock trading platform.
Motilal Oswal Account Opening Charges
There is no brokerage charge for opening a trading and Demat account with Motilal Oswal. It also does not charge any brokerage fee on trading account maintenance service provided by the platform. There are Rs 441 charges for Demat account maintenance, billed yearly. However, the account maintenance charges are charged from the second year. There is no such brokerage or fee for Demat & trading account maintenance.
Motilal Oswal Stock Trading Charges
- This stock trading platform charges a 0.20% brokerage fee on equity delivery.
- It charges 0.02% on equity intraday and futures and commodities futures.
- There is Rs 20 per lot fee on equity options and currency futures and options.
- It charges Rs 200 per lot on commodities options from the traders.
- It also charges Demat transaction charges (on sale) Rs 30 or 0.30%, whichever is higher.
- Dematerialization charges are Rs 50 for each request and Rs 50 for each certificate.
- It charges Rs 35 or 0.02% (whichever is higher) on the pledge, unpledged, closure, and invocation.
Motilal Oswal Stock Trading Platforms
Motilal Oswal has provided its traders with one of the most reliable trading platforms built on the latest technology and ensures a robust performance. The platform is user-friendly and has a range of features to help investors and traders trade securely. Below are brief details about its stock trading platform for traders.
Motilal Oswal Trader App
MO Trader App is a mobile application for Android and iOS users. The app functions very quickly and has 1 second refresh time. Traders can easily execute their buy and sell orders through this mobile application. There is an option to set a personalized watchlist, access stock analysis, and use 29+ technical indicators to get help in making trading strategies. It also provides order slicing, price alert, and rapid fast news about the stock market and current trends.
Motilal Oswal Investor App
Motilal Oswal Investor app is one of the best investing apps in India. It allows traders to invest in stock, mutual funds, and other securities with fast onboarding features. There is a multi-asset watchlist feature and the option to invest in over 5000 stocks, stock SIP, and IPOs. The app also provides a feature to invest in mutual funds and expert research on the top 250 stocks. Moreover, it has an AI-powered investment advisory feature that helps users understand ideal stocks to invest in and benefit from available investment opportunities.
Motilal Oswal Trading Terminal
This trading terminal is specially developed by Motilal Oswal stock broker for high-frequency traders to install in their desktop computer and use advanced features to conduct high volume and frequency trades. This fast desktop trading terminal has several options, including multiple watchlists, advanced charting, technical indicators, news analytics, and a call & research feature.
How to Open a Demat Account with Motilal Oswal?
This full-service stock broker in India claims that it provides a 100% online Demat and trading account opening facility. Below are some key steps required to open your Demat and trading account with this stock brokerage platform.
- Visit Motilal Oswal’s official website and click “Open Demat Account.”
- Add a registered contact number and verify it with OTP.
- To sign up, enter your email ID and verify it with OTP.
- Add personal information like DOB, income, profession, experience, and more.
- Complete KYC by providing your PAN Card number and uploading a soft copy.
- Upload other documents like your Aadhaar card and bank details.
- Complete the e-sign process by entering your Aadhaar OTP.
- Finish the above mentioned step and wait for the approval.
Once your application form gets approved and verified, you will get your Demat account number or unique client ID on your email ID. Using the Demat account number, you can trade in BSE, NSE, and even MCX.
Advantages of Motilal Oswal Stock Trading Platform
Here are some advantages of using the Motilal Oswal trading platform.
- This full-service stock broker has more than 30 years of experience in this field.
- It offers a range of investment options, including equity, IPO, insurance, derivatives, and mutual funds.
- The stock broker does not charge any fee for its research and advisory services for registered users.
- There are free trading tools and platforms to help traders perform small to high-volume trade effortlessly.
- It does not charge any account maintenance fee for the first year of account opening.
- There is no brokerage charge for Investing in mutual funds and IPOs.
- It ensures safe and hassle-free financial transactions among 39-plus banks.
- It also does not charge an extra fee for call and trade service.
Disadvantages of Motilal Oswal Stock Trading Platform
Below are some key disadvantages of using Motilal Oswal’s stock brokerage services.
- As a full-service brokerage firm, the brokerage charges are very high compared to discount brokers.
- The platform does not provide any 3-in-1 account opening facility.
- Motilal Oswal does not provide any flat brokerage program for its investors.
- There is an option to invest in only regular mutual fund schemes.
Motilal Oswal has completed more than 3 decades of market presence and built a prominent name in the list of full-service stock brokers in India. The platform is highly suitable for intermediate to expert investors and corporate clients willing to access the best expert research & advisory service along with top-class portfolio management services. The customer support and dedicated stock trading platforms are very impressive. However, if you are a beginner and willing to start your stock trading journey by paying the lowest brokerage charges, Motilal Oswal might not be the perfect fit. Instead, you might be willing to open your Demat and trading account with discount brokers like Zerodha, Groww, and Upstox.