SBI Securities or SBICAP Securities Ltd is among the top stock brokers in India and a subsidiary of SBI Bank Group. It’s a full-service stock brokerage firm launched in 2006 to help its customers invest or trade in equity, retail equity, and derivatives. It was also established to provide other broking services like depository services and third-party distribution products. SBI Securities launched its flagship and popular online trading platform SBI Smart to ensure its users can easily participate in various trading activities.
SBI Securities provides Demat account and trading facilities to NRI and Indian customers. If you want to invest in equity, derivatives, ETFs, IPOs, and other financial assets and are looking for a full-service stock broker, SBI Securities can be a top choice. The platform is registered with SEBI, NSDL, and CDSL. With this stock brokerage platform, you can also avail yourself of personal, home, and car loans. Read this SBI Securities Review to know its pros, cons, platforms, and brokerage charges.
SBI Securities Charges
If you use SBICAP Securities or SBI Securities for stock trading activities, you will be charged a fixed percentage of the brokerage fee. Below we have given a detailed overview of SBI Securities brokerage and opening account charges.
Account Opening Charges
- The platform does not charge any fee to open a trading account, and its annual maintenance charges are also free.
- Although SBI Securities charges Rs 850 Demat account opening charges.
- It charges Rs 500 per annum for Demat account maintenance charges.
- It charges a minimum of 5 paise per share or 0.15% on intraday trades; remember, the higher value is applicable.
- SBI Securities charges 5 paise per share or 0.50% on delivery-based trading activities.
- The platform has 0.09% carry forward, 0.05% intraday, or a minimum of 5 paise per share on future trades.
- There is Rs 50 flat fee for intraday option trades and Rs 100 for intraday carry-forward.
SBI Securities Stock Trading Platforms
SBI has provided its investors and traders with many stock trading platforms. The platform has introduced its advanced trading platform for desktop, website, and mobile devices. Look at the below to learn about this trading platform comes from SBICAP.
SBI Smart Xpress
It’s a desktop trading terminal that you can install on your laptop or computer desktop. This trading tool from SBICAP is very useful for performing high-frequency trades in NSE, BSE, and MCX. Moreover, you will always witness quick and efficient trading with SBI Smart Xpress. With this trading terminal, you can monitor market watchlists, access live streaming, check historical data of stocks, get on-screen alerts, and customize the colors to get a personalized trading experience.
SBI Smart Web
This browser-based trading platform from SBICAP Securities offers seamless trading activities in BSE, NSE, and MCX. You aren’t required to download this trading tool on your desktop computer or mobile device. You can access its feature by browsing and login in it. SBI Smart Web trading platform allows trade in a diverse segment from a single place. You get the option to customize the watchlists, check real-time insights, and use after-market orders.
SBI Smart App
It’s an official mobile app from SBI Securities for customers who prefer performing trades through their mobile devices. It may have a complex user interface, but the app can provide a safe and secure trading experience. This mobile app allows you to access live quotes, research calls and reports, and other features. You can also check your net position and holding using SBI Smart mobile app.
How to Open Demat Account with SBI Securities
If you want to open your Demat account with SBI (SBICAP) Securities, you will have to visit its website and open your account online by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the SBI Securities website on your mobile phone or desktop computer.
- Go to the top right corner and click on Open an Account option.
- It will open a dashboard where you must fill in basic details like email.
- After adding your email and phone number, you will be asked to verify details with OTP.
- Now enter your PAN number, DOB, and other information to fill out the second form, which is KYC.
- Add address, marital status, and bank account details.
- You will be asked to select the preferred asset class or segment you are willing to trade.
- Upload scanned documents and verify them by completing the e-sign process.
If you follow these steps properly, your Demat account with SBICAP Securities will get opened in under 15 days.
Advantages of SBI Securities
SBI Securities is a full-service stock broker in India and is known for its reliable and quick stock trading services. Below are some major benefits of SBI Securities and its broking services.
- It’s the largest and most trusted bank in India, having a branch in every major city of India.
- It provides almost all brokerage services that stock traders and investors look for.
- SBI Securities opens a 3-in-1 account to ensure a seamless trading experience.
- You can invest in IPOs, mutual funds, bonds, equities, and ETFs.
- The platform allows you to trade in BSE, NSE, and MCX.
- It has advanced orders like cover orders, after-market orders, and bracket orders.
- There are plenty of free educational resources like blogs, articles, videos, and other learning resources.
- It offers free-to-use trading terminals and stock trading platforms.
- The research and financial reports around the stock market and listed stocks are available to all users.
Disadvantages of SBI Securities
There are certain disadvantages of SBI Securities for stock traders and investors. Below we have shared some major disadvantages or cons of SBI Securities.
- Since SBI is a full-service brokerage firm in India, its brokerage charges are pretty high.
- You get up to 30 free calls & trade every month, and after this, you are charged Rs 10 per call.
- This stock broker does not offer 24×7 customer support like many other stock brokerage firms.
- You don’t get any fixed or flat brokerage plan with this stockbroker.
SBI Securities, or SBICAP Securities, is a full-service stock broker in India and a 100% subsidiary of SBI Bank Group. If you are looking for a reliable bank-based full-service stock brokerage firm that gives you seamless trading experience and many resources to get familiar with the stock market and avail upcoming trading opportunities. However, you must also be aware that the brokerage charges of SBICAP are pretty high compared to discount brokers. So, if you are a complete beginner, it’s best to select a discount broker like Zerodha, Groww, and Upstox.