There are many stock trading applications and platforms out there, and all of them have some pros and cons. Groww, Zerodha, and Upstox are stock trading platforms where traders buy and sell their stocks. But as an investor, which stock brokerage platform is better for you? Thus, this article will understand which one of these stock brokerage companies provides the maximum features and a suitable environment for the trader. So, if you were looking for the comparison article of Groww vs Zerodha vs Upstox, then continue reading.
Groww is a platform that is highly recognized among the investors of mutual funds. It is a low-risk investment option and provides a high rate of return on the investment made by the investor. Groww provides good customer support and also has risk-free investment options. Therefore, most of the new investors prefer Groww when they start investing. However, it also has many other trading options that the user can choose for investment. To use this application, the user needs to complete the electronic KYC provided by Groww. Once it gets done, then the investor can start investing in an ideal investment option.
Advantages of Using Groww
- You are not required to run here and there because it’s a KYC form you can fill just by sitting at home.
- Also, there is no stop time; hence, you can invest or trade intraday in an individual stock whenever you think fit and have an internet connection.
- Groww is the safest brokerage application you use, and it provides robust security to your profile. Thus, your investment and your money in the portfolio stay safe.
- Along with these, it has a well-optimized UI that provides a simple user experience and makes the process more agile.
- You can invest in the company’s shares without paying any charges.
Zerodha is one of the reputed and discount stock brokerage platforms considered the best stock investing platform for small investors. It does not have any charges system for trade distributing, and they charge only 0.1% or Rs20, whichever is low on every transaction. However, the maximum brokerage charges can be Rs20 on this platform, so whatever investment amount you are investing in, you only need to pay a maximum of Rs20 as a brokerage charge. As per the company, it completes over ten thousand crore transactions daily. Currently, it is used by over 1,50,000 investors in India and has 4-star ratings.
Advantages of Using Zerodha
- It is in one solution for the investors and provides various types of investment and trading options.
- Its online platform works perfectly fine, even if your internet connection is slow.
- Zerodha does not have any brokerage charge on the distribution and provides four to ten-time margins.
- It does not charge for creating and maintaining a trading account. However, you need to pay for the Demat opening and maintenance charges which are 300 each. Although, the Demat account opening charging is the only one-time payment you need to bear, and you bear maintenance charges annually.
Upstox comes on the list of the leading Indian brokerage companies that provide low-cost trading option. It has over 5,00,000 users who trade and invest in the stock market and take its various services. Upstox provides many services such as investing in stocks, currencies, commodities, derivatives, and other types of trading. Hence if you were also looking for the ideal stock brokerage company, it could be a great choice. However, it has received three-star customer ratings, but still, it is worth it as it has over a 5,00,000 customer base.
Advantages of Using Upstox
- It provides a low-cost investment option to investors and traders in the stock market.
- You can open your Upstox trading account within one or two days.
- Their customer support is excellent because they have a wait time of only 30 seconds.
- Moreover, the user experience on its platform is excellent and straightforward to navigate the features.
- As per Upstox, it generates a turnover of over 5000 million daily.
Groww vs Zerodha vs Upstox
Both three stock brokerage platforms are well known and also have a good customer base. Below are some essential differences that you must highlight before choosing any one of Groww, Zerodha or Upstox.
- You get a margin funding feature in Groww but not in Zerodha and Upstox.
- Groww also provides stock trading tips and recommendations, but Zerodha and Upstox do not offer this feature.
- Upstox and Zerodha have automated trading facilities, but you will miss out if you look for Groww.
- Zerodha does not provide SMS alerts, whereas you get the same in Groww and Upstox.
- However, all three stock brokerage companies provide charting options to understand the stock performance.
- Zerodha has its offline branch, but Groww and Upstox do not have their offline branch.
- Groww has better customer support as it provides live chat email support. However, you compromise in it while using Zerodha and Upstox.
- All three stock brokerage companies provide equity, mutual funds, commodity, and currency trading options. But you get an IPO trading option in Zerodha; if you want to invest in IPOs as well, then Zerodha is the better choice than others.
|Year of Establishment||2016||2010||2012|
|Branches||Groww does not have any offline branch where its customers can contact physically.||Zerodha has around 120 offline branches across India, where it deals with its customers as well.||Upstox also has its branches; however, it only has four branches around India.|
|Charges||Groww does not charge for opening a trading account, opening a Demat account, and maintaining a Demat account. However, it charges Rs20 for annual trading account maintaining charges.||Zerodha charges Rs200 for opening a trading account, 100 for opening a Demat account, and 300 rupees for maintenance of the account. However, it does not charge for maintaining a trading account for the user.||Upstox charges Rs150 each for opening a trading account and maintaining the Demat account of its user. However, it does not charge for the trading maintenance and opening of the Demat account.|
|Brokerage Charges||Groww charges for every transaction, whether for equity delivery, trading in stocks, equity, currency, or any other investment option. However, its charges are either 0.05% or Rs20 each; and only the minimum value applies as the charge.||It charges nothing for the equity delivery, and hence you do not need to pay for this. Although, it charges 0.01% or Rs20, whichever is less, when you trade intraday, currencies, equity, and other investment options.||Upstox also does not charge for equity delivery. However, it charges either 0.01% of total investment or Rs20, whichever is minimum. At the same time, you trade-in equity, currency, or other investment schemes.|
So, in this article, we learned about brokerage platforms such as Groww, Zerodha, and Upstox. We also compared Groww vs Zerodha vs Upstox and tried to extract some significant differences. All three brokerage companies provide superior functionality, and all of them have cons and pros.
Moreover, whichever platform you choose, you must ensure whether they provide the required trading option or not. Thus, I hope now you can decide which stock brokerage platform is suitable for you.